Publications and presentations on web design and development, enterprise and personal knowledge management, and library and information work.
- New and Up and Coming Rapid Wireframing and Prototyping Tools
IxDA New York and NYC-CHI (February 21, 2012)
- Wireframes for the Wicked
South by Southwest Interactive 2009 panel discussion about wireframes, with Nick Finck and Donna Maurer (March 16, 2009)
- "No Tears" Method for User Centered Design
Presentation given at DrupalCon Boston (March 4, 2008)
- Blogs and the Blogosphere: Definitions and reasons to care
Presentation given at Rutgers, School of Communication, Information and Library Science (December 13, 2005)
- Enterprise Weblogging: Using weblogs for communication & information management
Presentation on enterprise weblogging given at the American Society for Information Science & Technology, New Jersey Chapter (May 20, 2005)
- Blogging in the Labs: Using weblogs for information management.
Presentation on project weblogs given at the Los Alamos National Laboratory, Los Alamos, New Mexico. (April 28, 2005)
- Utilizing Weblogs for Project Efficiency
Presentation on project weblogs for the IQPC Weblog and Wiki Summit 2005.
(January 11, 2005)
- Supporting enterprise knowledge management with weblogs: A weblog services roadmap
This is a presentation I delivered at the Computers in Libraries 2004 conference in Washington D.C.
(March 15, 2004)
- Blogging in Corporate America
This is a presentation I gave to the Usability Professionals Association on 16 September 2003.
(September 17, 2003)
- Using a Wiki for documentation and collaborative authoring
Case study published in LLRX.com describing how a library organization is learning to use Wikis for project documentation.
(November 15, 2004)
- K-Logging: Supporting KM With Weblogs
Article in Library Journal explaining how K-loggers can advance knowledge management with the support of librarians.
(April 20, 2003)
- Weblogging and News Feed Aggregation for Knowledge Management
This is a presentation I gave to colleagues in the Lucent Integrated Information Solutions group. The purpose of the presentation was to define what weblogging is and discuss why knowledge logs (klogs) are starting to appear inside corporate enterprises. The presentation was meant to introduce some of the concepts and applications.
(October 1, 2002)
- Automating Diagrams with Visio
Turnaround time can be relatively quick if you push your tools to perform for you. Site maps and user flow diagrams are good candidates for automation. Originally published: Angeles, M. (2002, April). Automating diagrams with Visio. Boxes and Arrows.
(April 1, 2002)
- XSL (Extensible Stylesheet Language): Summary of Preliminary Research for Site Developers
This document defines and summarizes XSL at a high-level and takes a look at a few examples of XSL in action. The intent is to introduce XSL as a practical tool for transforming XML data and to discuss possible implications for site development.
(September 26, 2000)
- Case Study: A Museum Library Website
Electronic information resources have become attractive additions to the information services offered in special libraries. Many of these services are increasingly being offered via the Internet. The creation of websites as tools for making sense of the glut of information that is available on the Internet is becoming a sensible activity, not for controlling this information, but simply for being successful in facilitating access to it. This paper is a case study in using the world wide web to create a sense making tool within the context of an art museum library.
(December 19, 1997)
- Information Organization and Information Use of Visual Resources
Paper on human information seeking behavior in visual resources collections. The paper reviews the image use and user studies literature to determine whether or not image retrieval systems satisfy human image seeking behaviors. Originally published: Angeles, M. (1998, Fall). Information Organization and Information Use of Visual Resources Collections. VRA Bulletin, 25 (3), 51-58.
(December 15, 1997)
- Information Organization and Information Use of Visual Resources, Annotated Bibliography
Notes on print and online sources which relate to the study of users of image collections (art and non-art image collections).
(December 15, 1997)
- Analysis and Description of an International Visual Resources Index
Database design proposal. An effort to explore methods for representing art historical pictorial images from a Library and Information Science perspective. The paper was produced as an exercise in structuring an index to represent knowledge descriptions, the messages of documents, corresponding with a knowledge representation course taken in the Master of Library Studies program at Rutgers University -- School of Communication, Information, and Library Studies. Winner of the 1997 VRA Nancy DeLaurier Writing Award, in the student paper category. Originally published: Angeles, M. (1997, Fall). Analysis and Description of an International Visual Resources Index: A proposal for building an image indexing database. VRA Bulletin, 24 (3), 37-59.
(May 29, 1997)
- Creating Descriptive Records of Pictorial Images in the Visual Resources Library
Short paper written as an exercise for a cataloging and classification course. Paper is in the form of a memorandum to a visual resources library director. The premise of the paper is to give compelling evidence in support of a cataloging and classification system.
(December 5, 1996)
- In Pursuit of a Virtual Art Library
The Personal Statement I sent to Graduate School Programs in Library Studies in the winter of 1995/1996.
(January 7, 1996)